HR Advisor (11-months fixed term contract), Worksop
Listed in The Times Top Track 250 for mid-market growth consecutively for 5 years running, we manufacture a wide range of flours in some of the most technically advanced mills in the world. This ensures the highest levels of food safety and brand protection for our customers. We have built our reputation as a world class miller and market leader through significant capital investment and our close working relationships with our customers and suppliers. All of which is underpinned by our dedicated and highly skilled people.
We currently have an opportunity for HR Advisor to join our team in Worksop on a fixed term contract basis, to cover a period of maternity leave. A true generalist role, our HR Advisor will support the HR team in delivering a comprehensive HR service throughout the Group. You will be responsible for administering and advising on, our HR processes to ensure adherence to policies and legislation. You will work a 40 hour week on a Monday to Friday, 08:00-17:00 basis.
In terms of the role itself, the main duties include:
- Hands on support and first point of contact for HR policy and procedure queries
- General administration, letter writing, minute taking, and filing of HR documentation
- Arrange training courses, deliver training, and maintain training records
- Absence monitoring with recommendations, occupational health referrals and follow ups
- Manage the appraisals process to ensure they are completed, and our records are updated
- Central point for circulation of general comms and Company briefings
- Support on audits and tenders
- Support union relationships including pay reviews and change negotiations
- Occasional travel to other Whitworth Bros Ltd and Carr’s Flour Mills
- Support the recruitment and selection process in relation to advertising, interviews and contracts
- Lead on HR projects and support projects managed by the broader business
- Support Line Managers with employee relations cases, including advising on policy, legislation and consultations
We offer a competitive salary, enhanced holiday entitlement, life insurance and cycle to work scheme. In return we are looking for:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Positive attitude and a customer centric approach
- Excellent administrative skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to deal with confidential information sensitively and appropriately
- Ability to prioritise and organise workloads effectively, in order to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative, providing innovative solutions
- IT literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity please apply with your CV.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity.
"*" indicates required fields