Laboratory Technician (Part Time), Whitley Bridge
Listed in The Times Top Track 250 for mid-market growth consecutively for the last 5 years, we manufacture a wide range of flours in some of the most technically advanced mills in the world, ensuring the highest levels of food safety and brand protection for our customers. We have built our reputation as a world class miller and market leader through significant capital investment and our close working relationships with our customers and suppliers. All of which is underpinned by our dedicated and highly skilled people.
We are looking for a Laboratory Technician to join our laboratory in Whitley Bridge. This is a part-time role, reporting into the Quality Manager. Your hours of work will be Saturday to Sunday 06:00 – 14:00, totaling 16 hours per week.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Using a range of bench tests and instrumental techniques to provide quality control checks on incoming materials, ensuring compliance with both in-house specifications and EC/UK regulations.
- Maintaining all laboratory equipment to ensure it is kept in good working order.
- Carrying out quality control on outgoing products, recording samples and comparing results to specifications
- Preparing and certifying samples of finished products for customers to ensure they meet specification.
- Maintaining analysis records and helping maintain the quality management system.
- Carrying out basic lab housekeeping routines to ensure all lab areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Communicating effectively with site personnel, and where appropriate suppliers and customers.
We offer a competitive salary, enhanced holiday entitlement, company sick pay, life insurance, EV/ULEV car scheme and cycle to work scheme. In return we are looking for:
- Excellent administrative skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative and with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- IT literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word.
- Experience of working in a laboratory or similar testing environment.
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity please apply with your CV.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity.
"*" indicates required fields