Milling Technician, Manchester
Listed in The Times Top Track 250 for mid-market growth consecutively for 5 years running, we manufacture a wide range of flours in some of the most technically advanced mills in the world. This ensures the highest levels of food safety and brand protection for our customers. We have built our reputation as a world class miller and market leader through significant capital investment and our close working relationships with our customers and suppliers. All of which is underpinned by our dedicated and highly skilled people.
In terms of role itself, the main duties include:
- Maximising the performance of the mills, blending plant, wheat intake and out-loading to ensure the best quality products.
- Ensuring compliance with Company and statutory legislation such as Food Hygiene, Health and Safety, BRC and Product Safety (HACCP).
- Reviewing testing and quality information to ensure our products meet specification.
- Liaising with colleagues to ensure processes and procedures are followed.
- Understanding processes, standards and systems.
- Working with others to ensure KPI’s are met.
- Dealing with outages and breakdowns.
We offer a competitive salary, enhanced holiday entitlement, company sick pay, life insurance, EV/ULEV car scheme and cycle to work scheme. In return we need you to be:
- Adaptable and flexible as the job includes a lot of variety.
- An effective communicator at all levels.
- Able to prioritise to manage your time effectively.
- Enjoy problem-solving and working through solutions.
- Have achieved NABIM Flour Milling Correspondence Courses.
- Possess some basic engineering skills.
- Food Safety / HACCP qualified
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity please apply with your CV.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity.
"*" indicates required fields