Trainee Production Technician, Manchester
Listed in The Times Top Track 250 for mid-market growth consecutively for 5 years running, we manufacture a wide range of flours in some of the most technically advanced mills in the world. This ensures the highest levels of food safety and brand protection for our customers. We have built our reputation as a world class miller and market leader through significant capital investment and our close working relationships with our customers and suppliers. All of which is underpinned by our dedicated and highly skilled people.
We are looking for a Trainee Production Technician to join our Manchester milling team. As a Milling Trainee you will work towards achieving the required skills to become a Production Technician. Our Production Technicians are responsible for the operation and control of all aspects of the flour mill from raw material bins to finished products leaving the mill. You will undertake an in-depth training programme over a minimum of five years covering all aspects of ‘Grain and other Cereal Milling’.
The learning and development programme will develop your knowledge of Flour Milling through the completion of all UKFM (UK Flour Milling) correspondence courses, as well as learning the practical skills required in relation to milling.
Your hours of work will be 40 hours per week Monday to Friday, 08:00 – 17:00, however our milling teams work a rotating shift pattern covering days, nights and weekend work so flexibility and the willingness to work shifts is a must.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to start a rewarding career in the milling industry.
Duties of the role include, but not limited to:
- Helping the Production Technicians and Shift Managers
- Testing and certifying flour to ensure it meets customer specifications.
- Carrying daily checks in line with our process and completing weekly TOPS tours.
- Carrying out HACCP, CCP and food safety checks.
- Ensuring production requirements are met and customer orders fulfilled.
- Maximising the efficiency of the mill by operating and adjusting the equipment accordingly.
- Minimising downtime within the mill by responding efficiently to breakdowns and providing solutions to prevent reoccurring problems.
- Performing cleaning duties in line with the schedules.
- Stock taking and recording when required.
- Ensuring wheat is cleaned to quality standards.
- Issuing Certificates of Analysis as required and in the absence of laboratory staff.
- Supervising the bulk intake of flour, gluten, and Creta plus.
- Complying with Health and Safety duties and requirements at work
We offer a competitive salary, enhanced holiday entitlement, company sick pay, life insurance, EV/ULEV car scheme and cycle to work scheme. In return we are looking for:
- Ability to study and pass all UK Flour Milling Correspondence Course Examination.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to remain calm and professional under pressure.
- Effective communication, problem solving, planning and organisational skills.
- Flexible and positive approach.
- High levels of motivation.
- Computer literate, including excel and word.
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity please apply with your CV.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity.
"*" indicates required fields