Trainee Production Technician (North), Whitley Bridge
Listed in The Times Top Track 250 for mid-market growth consecutively for 5 years running, we manufacture a wide range of flours in some of the most technically advanced mills in the world. This ensures the highest levels of food safety and brand protection for our customers. We have built our reputation as a world class miller and market leader through significant capital investment and our close working relationships with our customers and suppliers. All of which is underpinned by our dedicated and highly skilled people.
We are looking for a Trainee Production Technician to join our Northern milling team, based from our Whitley Bridge site. You will be trained in all aspects of our flour mill, Flour Heat Treatment plants and the milling process from raw material to finished products. Initially your hours of work will be 40 hours per week Monday to Friday, however our milling teams work a rotating shift pattern covering days, nights and weekend work so flexibility and the willingness to work shifts is a must. You will undertake a fully paid for, in-depth training programme over a minimum of four years. The learning and development programme will develop your knowledge of flour milling through the completion of all NABIM (National Association for British & Irish Millers) flour milling correspondence courses, as well as learning the practical skills required in relation to milling. We offer a competitive salary, enhanced holiday entitlement, company sick pay, life insurance, EV/ULEV car scheme and cycle to work scheme.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to start a rewarding career in the milling industry.
Duties of the role include, but not limited to:
- Testing and certifying flour to ensure it meets customer specifications.
- Site operations and covering when necessary once trained.
- Carrying out HACCP, CCP and food safety checks.
- Ensuring production requirements are met and customer orders fulfilled in all aspects to site output. Wheat intake to flour out.
- Maximising the efficiency of the FHT plants, mills by adjusting the equipment accordingly.
- Minimising downtime within the site operations by responding to breakdowns and providing solutions to prevent reoccurring problems.
- Perform cleaning duties in line with the cleaning schedules.
- Carrying out daily checks, magnet cleaning and weekly Health and Safety audits.
- Stock taking and recording when required.
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity please apply with your CV.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity.
"*" indicates required fields