Trainee Production Technician, Worksop
Listed in The Times Top Track 250 for mid-market growth consecutively for 5 years running, we manufacture a wide range of flours in some of the most technically advanced mills in the world. This ensures the highest levels of food safety and brand protection for our customers. We have built our reputation as a world class miller and market leader through significant capital investment and our close working relationships with our customers and suppliers. All of which is underpinned by our dedicated and highly skilled people.
We are looking for a Trainee Production Technician to join our Milling team in Worksop. You will be trained in all aspects of the flour mill and the milling process from raw material to finished products. Initially your normal hours of work will be Monday to Friday 08:00 – 17:00, however our team work a rotating 4 week shift pattern so flexibility and the willingness to work shifts and weekends is a must. You will undertake a fully paid for, in-depth training programme over a minimum of four years. The learning and development programme will develop your knowledge of flour milling through the completion of all UK Flour Millers correspondence courses, as well as learning the practical skills required in relation to milling.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to start a rewarding career in the milling industry.
We offer a competitive salary, enhanced holiday entitlement, company sick pay, life insurance, EV/ULEV car scheme and cycle to work scheme. In return, you will be asked to complete:
- Testing and certifying flour to ensure it meets customer specifications.
- Operation of the weighbridge & intake covering when necessary.
- Carrying out HACCP, CCP and food safety checks.
- Ensuring wheat is cleaned to quality standards.
- Ensuring production requirements are met and customer orders fulfilled.
- Assisting with blending and out-loading of flour.
- Maximising the efficiency of the mills and blending plant by operating and adjusting the equipment accordingly.
- Minimising downtime within the mills and blending plant by responding to breakdowns and providing solutions to prevent reoccurring problems.
- Perform cleaning duties in line with the cleaning schedules.
- Carrying out daily checks, magnet cleaning and weekly Health and Safety audits.
- Stock taking and recording when required.
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity please apply with your CV.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity.
"*" indicates required fields